A Kenya safari promises Incredibly beautiful natural scenery, poignant cultural contacts, exceptional wildlife watching, and, of course, the thrills and spills of the Wildebeest Migration can all be found in Kenya, a top safari destination.
A Kenya safari will not disappoint, from meetings with the Samburu people to viewing the wildebeest mega-herds in the Masai Mara and the famed elephant herds in Amboseli against the backdrop of Mount Kilimanjaro.
Additionally, you may easily combine our Kenya safari vacations with gorilla trekking expeditions in Uganda or Rwanda, or even a tropical beach vacation with views of the warm Indian Ocean’s turquoise seas and swaying palm trees.
Here are our top 10 Kenya safari trips, all of which have been thoroughly tested and can be fully customized to suit your travel preferences:
Top 10 Best Kenya Safari Tours
1. Kenya Safari: Real safari camping in the Masai Mara and Amboseli
On this safari journey to Kenya that focuses on wildlife, get up close to the natural world while lodging at eco-camps that have won awards and are conveniently situated to see game.
These small-scale campgrounds, which are excellent for honeymooners and couples, pride themselves on their warm welcome and attentive service.
Highlights of the tour:
- Exclusive concessions away from the masses
- Award-winning and intimate eco-camps
- Individualized service from a welcoming crew Day and night game drives
- Maasai guides lead nature hikes.
Suitable for: Couples
3. small teams
2. Kenya Safari: Amboseli, Meru, and Masai Mara Fly-in Safari
On Kenya safari excursions, traveling by light aircraft from one location to the next enables you to see a lot of ground in a short amount of time.
Additionally, it allows you to spend a longer time in each reserve and really experience what Amboseli, Meru, and the Mara have to offer.
Take advantage of the Amboseli National Park’s morning and afternoon wildlife drives, walking safaris, bush breakfasts, sundowner beverages in Meru, and dinners beneath the stars in the Masai Mara.
Highlights of the vacation include flying into three top parks in Kenya.
- Elsa’s Kopje in Meru National Park offers massages after a walking safari in Amboseli.
- Masai Mara wildlife drive lasting the entire day.
- Families Groups
3. Kenya Safari: Amboseli, Samburu, and Masai Mara Fly-in Safari
Spend a few days at Nairobi National Park, one of the few national parks in the world that shares a border with a major city, to begin your safari trip of Kenya.
The rest of the week may be spent learning about Maasai and Samburu culture, interacting with the enormous Amboseli elephant herds, enjoying soothing massages, and viewing hordes of plains animals and ferocious predators while being expertly guided by Maasai and Samburu rangers.
Cultural trips of Samburu and Maasai settlements are the highlight of the tour.
- In Nairobi, pay a visit to the Daphne Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage.
- At Nairobi’s Giraffe Center, giraffe encounters.
- Spa services, helicopter flips, and hot-air balloon excursions are optional.
- Culture-seeking travelers
Also Read: The World’s Best Safari Companies in Africa
4. Kenya Safari: A family safari in Laikipia and the Masai Mara
Take advantage of the flexibility to choose the itinerary for your family’s Kenya safari holiday, which may include outings like game drives, escorted nature walks, helicopter rides, and an unforgettable trout-fishing trip on Mount Meru.
Although Laikipia may not be as well-known as the Masai Mara, it is a highly rewarding location if you’re seeking for someplace a little off the beaten road while yet providing excellent game-watching and pleasant lodging.
- The wildebeest migration occurs (between about July and October).
- A picturesque helicopter journey to Mount Kenya to enjoy a trout fishing expedition there.
- A simple fly-in transfer.
Ideal for: Families and Groups
5. Kenya Safari: Samburu & Masai Mara Private Family Safari
Allow for a quick trip into the center of the wilderness for your family without compromising modern conveniences.
Elegant safari villas provide excellent privacy, space, and a great home-away-from-home atmosphere.
Explore a holy Samburu mountain, see elephants in the Kalama Corridor looking for new pasture, follow the Wildebeest Migration, and have fun with the kids at the Warriors Academy, an engaging educational program ideal for family-friendly luxury Kenya safari excursions.
- The ideal blend of fun, adventure, nature, and culture makes it ideal for families with young children and teenagers.
- Spend your luxurious Kenya safari in villas.
- Relax at the Maasai and Samburu Wellbeing Spaces.
- Hikes in the woods and amazing artwork in caves.
- Learn more about the Warriors Academy, a program for families with young children that is interactive.
- Hot-air balloon flights and biplane flips are extras.
Ideal for: Families and Groups
6. Laikipia, Samburu, and Masai Mara Family Adventure
The Giraffe Manor in Nairobi offers breakfast with endangered Rothschild’s giraffes.
Take a quick flight to one of Kenya’s first-ever private rhino conservancies before continuing on to Samburu National Reserve via another fly-in.
Discover the Samburu Special 5 by going on fly-camping excursions and camelback safaris. Enjoy front-row seats to the Wildebeest Migration between about June and September to round off your opulent Kenya safari experience.
- In Nairobi, eat breakfast with the giraffes owned by Rothschild.
- Stay at Laikipia’s rhino sanctuary.
- Mountain biking and horseback riding with Maasai close to Mount Kenya.
- Helicopter rides around Mount Kenya, which are optional.
- Journey to a Samburu manyatta (a traditional village).
- Amazing camelback safari and fly camping in Samburu Seasonal viewing of the Great Migration (from about July to September).
- Travelers that want to be active and adventurous.
- Cultural travelers
7. Affordable Safari in Laikipia, Meru, and the Mara
Nairobi National Park, the only national park in the world situated inside a major city, is where our reasonably priced Kenya safari tour begins.
After that, you will fly to Selenkay, a private reserve next to Amboseli National Park, where you will stay at a genuine safari camp.
Go on game drives in pursuit of the famous elephant herds of Amboseli, which boast some of the largest tusks in all of Africa, and sip sundowner beverages while admiring Mount Kilimanjaro.
Next stop: the spectacular black-and-white rhino refuge and conservation success story Ol Pejeta Conservancy.
Following is Meru National Park, which is commonly referred to as Kenya’s “full wildness” because of the abundance of elephant, hippo, buffalo, lion, cheetah, leopard, and several other traditional African animal species that can be found there.
Finish off your Kenya safari at the enchanted Masai Mara, one of Africa’s most popular wildlife sites.
Highlights of the trip include
- Staying in tiny, genuine tented camps with minimal environmental impact.
- Take a Maasai warrior walkthrough in a private conservancy.
- Mount Kilimanjaro daytrips.
- Visit a chimpanzee rescue center.
- Baraka, hand feed a blind rhino.
- Masai Mara game drives.
- Safari with hot air balloons
Best Suitable For:
- Travelers on a tight budget.
Also Read: Safari in Kruger National Park, South Africa
8. Samburu & Masai Mara Family Safari with Pre-Teens (9–12)
Families with pre-teens between the ages of nine and twelve would love this well-paced Kenya safari adventure.
The Mara is a superb big game location all year round, but from about July to October, the Mara Intrepids Camp is ideally located for the spectacular river crossings of the Migration.
Older children are welcome at the lodges and camps, which have special adventure groups that include safari activities with native guides.
Lion prides are common in the Mara, and they frequently engage in heart-stopping predator behavior, especially during the Migration.
Highlights of the trip include
- View three of Kenya’s most important reserves on the tour.
- No lengthy driving with a fly-in safari!
- Family-friendly lodging.
- Wonderful wildlife watching everywhere.
- Children’s activity groups for all ages.
- Wi-Fi, wellness services, and swimming pools.
- For both young and elderly, engaging cultural experiences
Best Suitable For:
Families with children ages nine to twelve are the best candidates.
9. Extreme luxury Masai Mara and Diani: Bush-to-Beach Safari
For couples on their honeymoon who desire the ultimate bush-beach getaway, this 11-day trip is ideal.
You begin with a night in bustling Nairobi, travel through the legendary Masai Mara, and then spend the final five nights on Kenya’s stunning white-sand coast while staying in opulent accommodations.
Every step of this trip has been meticulously planned to provide a broad range of Kenya’s greatest experiences, from traditional game-watching and sundowners overlooking the boundless golden plains to fantastic snorkeling and warm evenings on a pristine tropical beach. It is hassle-free and seamless.
- Views of the Masai Mara are breathtaking.
- Private beach paradise at Alfajiri Beach Villa during the Great Wildebeest Migration season.
- Perfect for a beach and bush honeymoon.
Best Suitable For:
- Sophisticated Travelers.
10. Excellent bargain Masai Mara and Diani Bush-to-Beach Safari
This fly-in Kenya safari tour starts in a lovely private corner of the Masai Mara with splendid and exclusive animal sightings, making it a great choice for couples or honeymooners looking for a great deal.
Although Kichwa Tembo is also conveniently situated adjacent to the croc-infested Mara River, which is the scene of heart-stopping river crossings during the Migration, the Mara is a fantastic place to watch wildlife all year long.
Following that, it’s off to Kenya’s renowned Diani Beach for some R&R in its powder-soft sand and crystal-clear water.
Get carried away to the picture-perfect white sand and turquoise waters of Diani Beach…
- A worthwhile beach to bush route.
- In the Masai Mara, stay in a private concession and take guided hikes, game drives, and cultural visits.
- Excellent for river crossings during the migration (about August to November).
- Excellent family units and en suite accommodations.
- Visit Diani Beach to experience the Swahili Coast.
- Discover Nairobi’s attractions and stores.